Stephen Covey has a great list of ” 12 things happy people do differently ” , I would like to share with you today. A reminder of some steps you can take to be in a state of joy.
Get inspired 🙂 🙂 🙂
1.Express gratitude – be thankful for what you have in your life instead of always focusing on what you do not have.
2. Cultivate optimism – your perception is your reality. Think optimistically and your worls will follow .
3. Avoid comparing yourself to others – when you compare yourself to others, the nature of the human mind is that you will always be sure to come up short. The only person you should compare yourself to is yourself in the past. Are you moving forward ?
4. Practice random acts of kindness – help someone anonymously today.
5. Nurture social relationships – the nature of your relationship with others tells you a lot about the relationship you currently have with yourself.Our relationships are the things that matter the most to us in the end .Make them worth it .
6. Develop strategies for coping – know what you need to stay centered . What are thosethings you do that make you feel better when your external world is in chaos ?
7. Learn to forgive – open your heart and forgive others and yourself . Forgiveness is admitting that we are all alike in some way, shape or form .
8. Increase flow experiences – in other words, know your strengths. Do those things that “flow” and come easiest to you.
9. Savor life`s joys – stay in the present moment. Life is about the journey, not the end point .
10. Commit to your intentions – know what you want and commit to getting it. Direct your life in the direction YOU want , instead of your life and external circumstances directing you .
11. Practice spirituality – recognize that life is bigger than you are and that there is a higher plan. Get in touch with your higher self and the potential that is deep inside. You know your gifts – practice them .
12. Take care of your body – your body houses your soul . It is your temple. Care for it, honor it and respect it.
Your happiness is your responsibility…. no one else`s.
Love & Peace